Sr. Systems Administrator
We are hiring
Our client is a specialist in IT Support in Portland, USA. Business and non-profit organizations everywhere are becoming increasingly reliant on technology for mission-critical tasks and taking a reactive approach to network planning and support just isn’t acceptable any longer, so they take care of this. Their clients enjoy the protection of regular check-ups from qualified technicians for scheduled maintenance, backups, software updates, and security enhancements.
Our client is currently looking to hire a Sr. Systems Administrator to join their team as a full-time remote employee with the following requirements and responsibilities:
Network Management – You are:
- Able to deploy a firewall from (Cisco, Meraki, Sophos, Fortinet, or Palo Alto) from scratch including setting up VPN connections, QoS, VLANs, and NAT policies.
- Advanced network troubleshooting using tools like Wireshark to do packet analysis.
Server Management – You have:
- Migrated servers from on-premises environments to Azure or AWS cloud environments from start to finish.
- Upgraded environments from single 2008 servers with multiple roles to virtualized environments with single purpose VM’s in Hyper-V or VMWare.
- Deployed and troubleshot VEEAM deployments in multi-server environments.
- Been responsible for database maintenance of SQL servers, including backups, restores, and performance optimization.
- Setup, troubleshoot, and managed multi-hypervisor failover clusters in Hyper-V or VMWare.
- Setup and troubleshoot SAN’s, direct-attached storage, and iSCSI in multi-hypervisor environments.
VOIP – You have:
- Deployed VOIP systems in 3CX, Asterix, or other programmable telephony software.
- Troubleshoot problems with call completion, routing, and performance problems with phone systems.
- You have developed automation to speed up setup processes, automatically remediate recurring problems, and gather information to make troubleshooting easier.
- You know how to write custom scripts in Powershell to accomplish unique goals.
- You have experience in Kaseya, ServiceNow, or other remote remediation and management platforms that support multiple client environments.
- You have written project plans and defined project parts and budgets for tasks including: physical server migrations and replacement, network and wifi upgrades and deployments, and cloud migrations.
- Over 7 years of experience in Network Management and Server Management (See tasks above).
- Proficient in VOIP Deployment and Troubleshooting.
- Proficient in Powershell scripting.
- Proficient in doing project planning and budgeting.
- Solid career in the IT Service Desk industry.
- Fluent English (C1/C2 Level).
Compensation & Benefits:
- Compensation is in USD, over a wire transfer and range is depending upon experience.
- 10 Days of Paid Time Off.
- 6 Paid Local Holidays.