Sr. Platform Engineer
We are hiring
We are looking for a Senior Platform Engineer to develop and deploy tools for infrastructure management, automation, monitoring, and containerized deployments for our client’s engineering team. The ideal candidate will have prior work experience with tools including, but not limited to, Kubernetes, Docker, Helm, Terraform, MongoDB, and Postgres with a proven ability to develop code at a high standard of excellence. We hope to find a candidate who possesses the ability to take on important technical and theoretical challenges and execute them with precision and quality. This position can be worked remotely from anywhere.
Your day to day will look like:
- The objectives are simple; provide a secure, resilient, and error-free platform to our clients and smooth deployment pipelines for the team. You are expected to research, plan, architect, and execute tasks that help us improve all aspects of our environments and platform.
- In addition, the platform team plays a major role in the daily support of the greater team with all aspects of the developmental life cycle, CI/CD processes and pipelines, releases, and infrastructure management.
Technologies that the Platform Team currently uses:
Knowledge in several of the following technologies from an infrastructure perspective is imperative:
- Helm, Kubernetes, Terraform, VPCs, Docker, Postgresql, MongoDB, Redis, Cloudbuild, StackDriver, NewRelic, Velero
- You have a strong background in automation tools, containerized software development, and computer networking.
- You have a strong foundation in adhering to best-practices related to coding and software engineering in general.
- You have 6+ years of professional experience as a Software Engineer or DevOps Engineer
- You have a strong understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle and previous experience working within an Agile environment.
- You have experience with containerized microservice deployments and developing CI/CD pipelines.
- You are smart and get things done.
- You like to research and dig into tasks and problems with tenacity.
- You want to have a strong sense of ownership and take pride in the things you build.
- You enjoy learning new things, staying up-to-date with cutting edge technologies, applying knowledge acquired through research and documentation, and see yourself as a self-starter.
- Knowledge in Bash, Ruby, Python, NodeJS, GO