Sr. IT Technician (Tier 2)
We are hiring
Our client is a specialist in IT Support in Portland, USA. Business and non-profit organizations everywhere are becoming increasingly reliant on technology for mission-critical tasks and taking a reactive approach to network planning and support just isn’t acceptable any longer, so they take care of this. Their clients enjoy the protection of regular check-ups from qualified technicians for scheduled maintenance, backups, software updates, and security enhancements.
Our client is currently looking to hire a Sr. IT Technician to join their team as a full-time remote employee with the following requirements and responsibilities:
The tier 2 technician handles complex end-user problems and provides mentoring and guidance to junior technicians. You will serve as a point of escalation for complex, difficult, and high-priority tickets. And you’ll assist the systems administrators with the implementation of project work to move our clients forward.
If you’re the right fit for this role, you will have experience with the following –
Troubleshooting problems with –
- Windows servers running in Hyper-V or VMWare environments
- VEEAM backups or similar software
- Firewall configuration, including NAT policy, VPN configurations, and vLANs
- Office 365 administration and configuration
- VoIP phone system administration and configuration
- Weird end-user computer issues that level 1’s can’t solve!
Setting up and configuring –
- New users and folder shares in Active Directory
- New network hardware, such as printers and wireless access points
- New server instances in Hyper-V or VMWare
- New backup jobs and other configuration changes within existing software
This job is for an experienced IT engineer with years of prior experience who wants to grow into a systems administrator role.
- Over 5 years of experience in the IT Service Desk industry.
- Proficient in Windows Servers running in Hyper-V or VMWare.
- Proficient in VEEAM backups or similar.
- Proficient in Networking (WLAN, vLAN, Firewall, etc).
- Experienced in VoIP systems.
- Experienced in Office 365.
- Fluent English (C1/C2 Level).
Compensation & Benefits:
- Compensation is in USD, over a wire transfer and range is depending upon experience.
- 10 Days of Paid Time Off.
- 6 Paid Local Holidays.