GRAYBOX is a digital consulting agency that helps clients solve technical challenges, reach their audience and optimize their operations with elegance, utility and expertise.
About the Position
GRAYBOX is looking for a fully remote Magento 2 Developer to join their team. As a Magento developer, you’ll be responsible for building eCommerce applications, developing custom solutions, implementing designs, maintaining existing code, and actively improving the usability, usefulness, and functionality of highly customized Magento 2 implementations.
You will work on a long-term dedicated team for a large, globally leading client. This is a great opportunity to build your resume and work collaboratively with GRAYBOX peers and a Fortune 100 company.
We currently have multiple slots to fill. Each can accommodate diverse backgrounds and skill sets. We’re looking for Full Stack, Back-end, and Front-end centric developers — so if you are familiar with Magento 2, please apply!
- Solve complex problems and complete large Magento projects.
- Collaborate with other developers, UX/UI designers, business analysts & project managers.
- Develop code for the Magento 2 (Adobe Commerce Cloud) platform (mostly self-hosted Enterprise on a Private Cloud).
- Break down complex problems into smaller, more manageable chunks of work.
- Produce quality, on-budget, and on-schedule solutions on projects.
- Work with and develop Magento modules, utilizing your understanding of blocks, observers, controllers, models, helpers, and MySQL.
- Identify and escalate risks (budget, deadline, ambiguity).
- Understand and apply agile methodologies, specifically the Spotify model.
- Attend meetings punctually and participate.
- Present and demo your work to others.
- You like & understand Magento.
- You are professional, dependable, and care about the details.
- Great problem-solving skills.
- Positive attitude.
- You’re familiar with Agile practices and the software development lifecycle (self-managed Spotify agile in particular).
- You collaborate well with others and lift your team.
- You have no trouble speaking publicly in meetings from time to time.
- Good communication in writing, speaking and presenting at demos.
2+ years of experience with PHP
2+ years of experience with Magento 2
2+ years of experience with Git and code management
Solid experience with MySQL
Understanding of Docker, Composer & KnockoutJS
Understanding Magento architecture, design, theming, functional enhancements, optimization & integration methods
Good at troubleshooting and resolving bugs
Conversational English (B2/C1)
Experience with React or GraphQL
Experience with AWS / DevOps
Compensation & Benefits:
100% Remote position
Grow your US network
Competitive salary — $24,000 - $48,000 USD/yr. depending on your experience
16 days PTO/year + 8 Holidays/year + a PTO progression system the longer you work here
$1,000 USD Annual Education Allowance
5 Week paid Sabbatical every 5 years of employment
Do you consider yourself fit for this position?
There's only one way to find out.
GRAYBOX is a digital consulting agency that helps clients solve technical challenges, reach their audience and optimize their operations with elegance, utility and expertise. We’re partners for success in a digital-first world — helping captivate partners, both online and off, with measurable results.
We plan, design and build a variety of digital experiences including websites, web applications, mobile applications, ecommerce stores of all sizes, digital marketing campaigns, videos and virtual reality. If it touches the internet, we probably help with it. We have about 40 people on staff + an extensive network of freelancers. GRAYBOX’ World Headquarters are in Portland, Oregon, USA. Founded in early 2009, it is widely regarded as an awesome place to work.
Across all of our practice areas, our people approach problems and solutions by applying the following core values
Our team knows what they’re doing. We learn from our experiences and are curious about our respective fields. We bring our full-self, will all of our life experience, to bear each and every day. We celebrate our successes and we teach our mistakes.
Many hands make light work, and you’re always finding ways to unify others and work together. You are generous with ideas and know how to extract the best from others.
We do what we say and don’t rest until we fulfill what we said we would do. Our world is our bond.
We own our work, care about it and hold ourselves to a high standard. We’re accountable to ourselves, each other and our partners, caring deeply about the work we do and owning both our wins and our losses.
We leave it all on the stage. We dot our i’s and cross our t’s. We can recognize and fix potential risks before they become pressing problems. We know that changing one variable will impact the whole.
Our personality is…
We always look for the good and don’t waste time wallowing in the negatives. We work through challenges to get our partners the outcomes necessary for success. Then we celebrate it.
We truly, deeply, and demonstrably give a shit about our partners, our process and our people.
We blend experience with knowledge in a way that helps us think deeply, solve problems and innovate with new solutions to complex problems.
We take pride in being unconventional, brilliant and sometimes scrappy problem solvers digging up solutions to tough problems that might be overlooked by others.
We mean what we say, do our diligence, always show up, and never let our clients down.