We are hiring
Our client exists to empower the benevolence creators of the world through great people, frictionless processes, and innovative technology. And through the humanitarian, social impact, sustainability, and for-profit-for-good organizations and causes they support, they truly believe they’re changing the world.
Our client is seeking people who are passionate about helping others and share the same values as us – Prioritizing People, Embracing Ownership, Practicing Humility, Thinking Practically, and Promoting Innovation. They want team members who look at their jobs as a way to make a difference in the world. They’re headquartered in Harrisonburg, Virginia, and have a mix of local and remote talent.
The Backend Developer will assist in the design, coding, and testing of technical solutions. They will also need to understand standard development procedures, lifecycle processes and apply our methodology effectively on client engagements, as well as applying knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to our clients.
This position is full-time, 100% remote, and reports to the CEO.
What you get to do:
- Write, maintain, test, and document code for applications and platforms. Code will adhere to internal coding standards.
- Function as an integral part of the development team, actively contributing towards the development of our tools, services, and platforms.
- Review and contribute on a regular basis to the ongoing improvement of team practices and approaches, with a view to making the team more effective and improving our service delivery.
- Understand project and development plans and clearly articulate roles, project goals, and timelines.
- Support debugging/rework efforts.
- Establish responsible deadlines and personal work plans.
- Perform all other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Over 2 years of professional experience as a Backend Developer in PHP (Symfony) and Node.js.
- Experience in debugging tools and testing methodologies.
- Experience with version control systems, such as git / GitHub.
- B.Sc degree in Computer Science, Engineering or in a related field or equivalent years of relevant work experience.
- Conversational English
- Experience with Python (Django) is a plus!